DANCE and PERCUSSION in CUBA
During Havana’s ‘Fiesta del Tambor’ Music Festival
March 4 – 13, 2018
Deadline to register: December 13, 2017 / Final payment due: January 31, 2018
Click here to download registration form in .pdf format
Join us on this exclusive tour to one of the most culturally rich destinations on the planet and experience total immersion into the music, dance, and traditions of Cuba. This March we are offering a percussion and dance program in Havana, with a day trip to Matanzas. The program features 4 hours per day of classes focusing on percussion OR dance, presentations and cultural exchanges with artists from internationally acclaimed groups, Ban Rarrá and Tierra Kaliente in Havana, and with Los Muñequitos in Matanzas. This program is also offered as a one-week package.
DANCE: Salsa, Son, Rueda de Casino, Rumba, Afro-Cuban Folklore - Dancers will be separated by level for three days of Salsa and Popular dance classes and everyone has a Cuban dance partner! There will also be two days of mixed level Afro-Cuban classes with live drummers.
PERCUSSION: Afro-Cuban and Popular rhythms for Congas, Bongó and/or Batá - Drummers will be separated by level and by their percussion instrument choice. Every group has its own teacher and translator.
The ‘Fiesta del Tambor’ is an annual event organized by Giraldo Piloto, revered musical director of Klimax. The festival features competitions among Cuba’s hottest percussionists and concerts with top performing artists from all over the island. In addition to classes and the festival, we will go out salsa dancing with our teachers, attend concerts and performances, and spend an entire day in Matanzas for a class and show with the Muñequitos.
PlazaCUBA is the leading expert in Cuban cultural travel, with more than 20 years of experience and intimate connections with the most influential artists and performers in Cuba today. Our team is comprised of seasoned professionals who coordinate events and assist you on your journey. We’re dedicated to connecting you with Cuban artists and giving you an insider’s perspective on this magical country through the eyes of the people.
| Prices and Discounts:
|March 4-11 (one week) Double Occupancy Hotel - $2,395 per person / Single Room Supplement - $250
|March 4-13 (full tour) Double Occupancy Hotel - $2,695 per person / Single Room Supplement - $350
|FEE: Legal Authorization for Extended Dates in Cuba - $100
||Register by November 6 - $50 off / Repeat Customer
|$50 off every time you travel with PlazaCUBA
Program price includes:
• PlazaCUBA’s unique people-to-people programming, including classes, private performances, lectures with renowned experts, and excursions focused on interaction with Cuban artists, musicians and dancers.
• March 4-13 (Full tour) 9 nights at the Hotel Kohly or similar hotel with breakfast daily, 2 special lunches,
5 days of classes, and activities included on the itinerary, plus a beach trip and excursion to Matanzas.
• March 4-11 (One week) 7 nights at the Hotel Kohly or similar hotel with breakfast daily, 2 special lunches,
5 days of classes, and activities included on the itinerary.
• Airport pickup upon arrival to Cuba, and ground transportation for group activities listed on the itinerary.
• English-speaking guide for programmed activities / Translator for all classes and group presentations.
• Expert staff of Cuban coordinators and PlazaCUBA representatives for on-site assistance.
• Access to competitions and events of the Fiesta del Tambor. Prior line-ups have included: Klimax, Rumbatá,
El Niño, Raíces Profundas, Pupy, Timbalaye, Habana de Primera, Ban Rarrá, Osain del Monte, and more!
Not Included: Airfare, Cuban entry visa, hotel to airport transfer at the end of the program, meals not listed