Apply Now for the 2018 Music Scholarship
(Formerly: SPONSORED MUSICIAN TO CUBA)
This is our third annual scholarship award for a young musician to study in Cuba. The winner will study at the National School of Music in Havana: June 30 - July 7, 2018! The deadline to apply is February 1, 2018.
#PlazaCUBAMusicScholarship Application Guidelines / Instructions
- Applicant must be an intermediate to advanced level American musician on any instrument, including vocals (and able to read music).
- Must be 21 - 30 years old.
- Submit a 500 - 1000 word essay* about why you (or the person you are nominating) should be considered.
- Submit essay on or before midnight on February 1, 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner will be announced on February 21, 2018.
- Must have valid passport and be able to travel June 30 - July 7, 2018.
* Essay should include details about your music experience. Let us know how you could benefit from studying in Cuba, but may not otherwise be able to afford a trip like this. Also, share if you have traveled to Cuba or other countries outside of the US previously.
Package includes: hotel, one meal per day, 4-5 hours per day of music instruction, daily concerts, and excursions.
Airfare and spending money not included.