Once in a lifetime opportunity to study with some of the best dancers in the world!
Visit this culturally rich destination and experience total immersion into the music, dance and traditions of Cuba. This unique legal tour features “Support for the Cuban People” activities that explore communities, and their dances and rhythms. Develop your skills with 3-4 hours a day of dance classes focusing on Afro-Cuban Folklore and Salsa.
Folklore classes will include Yoruba, Rumba and Cuban Haitian styles with live musicians in all classes. In the popular classes, participants work with professional Cuban dance partners and focus on Cuban Salsa, Son and Rueda de Casino. Master dance teachers break down the movements and examine the influence of folkloric styles on Popular Cuban dances. Our teachers are top professionals from Raíces Profundas, Ban Rará and Tierra Kaliente. All dance classes are separated into smaller groups by level for maximum learning.
- Enjoy concerts, gourmet cuisine and beautiful beaches
- Attend a religious Santería ceremony and learn directly from the elders
- Go to Rumba parties in Havana and meet all the local Rumberos
- Visit the National School of Music and meet the aspiring young talent
- Learn about how dance is an integral part of Cuban society
For 25 years, PlazaCUBA has provided dance and music enthusiasts with curated cultural tours featuring classes taught by Cuba’s most influential dancers, musicians, visual artists, researchers, and culture makers. This annual trip is once in a lifetime opportunity for those looking for a fun, uplifting, cultural experience. Meet with community and elders in Cuba that have embraced our organization for many years, supporting us as we create a bridge between the two cultures.
Dance in Cuba Tour Prices and Discounts
REGISTRATION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 12, 2024
This tour will fill up so please pay your $500 deposit now to hold your space.
(The deposit is non-refundable but can be transferred to any 2024/2025 tour)
Repeat Customers: $100 off
Dance in Cuba Tour Includes
- Information regarding legal travel to Cuba in the Support for the Cuban People category.
- Airport transfer to accommodations upon arrival to Cuba (for arrivals on the program start date only).
- Seven nights single or double occupancy accommodations, with breakfast daily.
- Activities on the itinerary, including classes, private performances, lectures with renowned experts, and excursions focused on music, dance and culture that support the Cuban people.
- All in-country ground transportation for group activities listed on the itinerary.
- Access to information about what is happening in Havana minute by minute through our professional connections and onsite Cuban staff. We’ll see and meet members of Ban Rarrá, Raíces Profundas, and Tierra Kaliente, Pupy Pedroso, Habana de Primera, Rumbatá, El Niño, Timbalaye, Osain del Monte, and more!
- One special group meal with all the Cubans working in the program.
- English-speaking guide for programmed activities. Translator for all classes and group presentations.
- Expert staff of Cuban coordinators and PlazaCUBA representatives for on-site assistance.
Not Included: Airfare, Cuban entry visa, airport transfer after the program, meals not listed on the schedule
PlazaCUBA is the leading expert in Cuban cultural travel, with more than 20 years of experience and intimate connections with the most influential artists and performers in Cuba today. Our team is comprised of seasoned professionals who coordinate events and assist you on your journey. We’re dedicated to connecting you with Cuban artists and giving you an insider’s perspective on this magical country through the eyes of the people.