This unique Music and Dance in Cuba Tour features classes and excursions that explore communities, and their dances and rhythms, including Salsa, Son, Rueda, and Afro-Cuban folkloric styles. The trip includes classes, presentations, and cultural exchanges with individual artists from internationally acclaimed groups, Raíces Profundas, Ban Rarrá and Tierra Kaliente.
You will interact with Cuba’s top dance professionals and learn about how dance is an integral part of Cuban society. Develop your skills with 3-4 hours a day of dance classes focusing on Afro-Cuban Folklore and Salsa. In the popular classes, participants work with professional Cuban dance partners and focus on Cuban Salsa, Reggaetón, Son and Rueda de Casino. Folklore classes will include Yoruba, Rumba and Cuban Haitian styles with live musicians in all classes. Our teachers are top professionals from from internationally acclaimed groups, Raíces Profundas, Ban Rará and Tierra Kaliente. These master dance teachers break down the movements and examine the influence of folkloric styles on Popular Cuban dances. All dance classes are separated into smaller groups by level for maximum learning. We will attend ceremonies and learn directly from the people about the culture and how dance fits into it.
Explore the roots of Cuban music with hands on instrument classes at Havana’s National School of Music (La ENA). The program also includes rhythm workshops, ensemble playing, and classes on history of Cuban music with top instructors and students from the school. Percussionists will earn about the historical and cultural significance of Afro-Cuban drumming and and examine rhythms for Congas, Bongó and/or Batá. You will learn about Popular and Afro-Cuban fokloric drumming, attend ceremonies, and have a lot of opportunities to engage with the people.
In addition to interacting with Cuban musicians and dancers, you’ll attend insider concerts and parties, meet visual artists, and get to know more about the architecture of Havana!
PlazaCUBA is the leading expert in Cuban cultural travel, with more than 20 years of experience and intimate connections with the most influential artists and performers in Cuba today. Our team is comprised of seasoned professionals who coordinate events and assist you on your journey. We’re dedicated to connecting you with Cuban artists and giving you an insider’s perspective on this magical country through the eyes of the people.
Tour Prices and Discounts
REGISTRATION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 12, 2024
This tour will fill up so pay your $500 deposit now to hold your space
(The deposit is non-refundable but can be transferred to any 2024/2025 tour)
Repeat Customers: $100 off
Music and Dance in Cuba Tour Includes
- Legal travel to Cuba in the Support for the Cuban People category.
- Airport transfer to accommodations upon arrival to Cuba (for arrivals on the program start date only.)
- Seven nights single or double occupancy accommodations, with breakfast daily.
- Activities on the itinerary, including classes, private performances, lectures with renowned experts, and excursions focused on music, dance and culture that support for the Cuban people.
- All in-country ground transportation for group activities listed on the itinerary.
- Access to information about what is happening in Havana minute by minute through our professional connections and onsite Cuban staff. We’ll see and meet members of Ban Rarrá, Raíces Profundas, and Tierra Kaliente, Pupy Pedroso, Habana de Primera, Rumbatá, El Niño, Timbalaye, Osain del Monte, and more!
- One special group meal with all the Cubans working in the program.
- English-speaking guide for programmed activities. Translator for all classes and group presentations.
- Expert staff of Cuban coordinators and PlazaCUBA representatives for on-site assistance.
Not Included: Airfare, Cuban entry visa, airport transfer after the program, meals not listed on the schedule
See all of Our Cuba Tours