You can still travel legally with PlazaCUBA. Though the people-to-people category was eliminated on June 4th, this trip remains legal under the grandfathering provision, meaning trips planned before June 5th can go ahead as planned under the previous rules. So, you can still register to travel with us in 2020!
Join us for this Percussion and Dance trip to Cuba along with a special Music course, a legal educational tour to one of the most culturally rich destinations in the world, and experience total immersion into the music, dance, and traditions of Cuba. This unique program features people-to-people activities that explore communities, and their dances and rhythms, including Salsa, Son, Rueda, and Afro-Cuban folkloric styles. The trip includes classes, presentations, and cultural exchanges with artists from internationally acclaimed groups, Raíces Profundas, Ban Rarrá and Tierra Kaliente.
You will interact with Cuba’s top dance professionals and learn about how dance is an integral part of Cuban society. Learn about Salsa, Son, Rueda de Casino, Rumba and Afro- Cuban Folklore. We will attend ceremonies and learn directly from the people about the culture and how dance fits into it.
Learn about the historical and cultural significance of Afro-Cuban drumming and and examine rhythms for Congas, Bongó and/or Batá. You will learn about Popular and Afro-Cuban fokloric drumming, attend ceremonies, and have a lot of opportunities to engage with the people.
Attend Havana’s National School of Music (La ENA) for instruction on your instrument. Engage in educational sessions on the history of Cuban music, rhythm workshops, and ensemble playing with top instructors and students from the school.
In addition to interacting with Cuban musicians and dancers, you’ll visit the National School of Music, meet visual artists, and get to know more about the architecture of Havana!
PlazaCUBA is the leading expert in Cuban cultural travel, with more than 20 years of experience and intimate connections with the most influential artists and performers in Cuba today. Our team is comprised of seasoned professionals who coordinate events and assist you on your journey. We’re dedicated to connecting you with Cuban artists and giving you an insider’s perspective on this magical country through the eyes of the people.
Percussion and Dance Trip to Cuba Prices and Discounts
Deadline EXTENDED to January 31, 2020
Repeat Customer: $50 off every time you travel with PlazaCUBA
Music, Percussion and Dance Trip to Cuba includes:
- Authorization to travel legally to Cuba in the educational people-to-people category.
- 7 nights single or double occupancy accomodations at the luxurious Copa Cabana hotel (or similar hotel).
- Airport pickup upon arrival to Cuba (on the program start date only).
- Activities on the itinerary, including classes, private performances, lectures with renowned experts, and excursions focused on music, dance and interaction with the Cuban people.
- Access to information about what is happening in Havana minute by minute through our professional connections and onsite Cuban staff. We’ll potentially see and meet members of Ban Rarrá, Raíces Profundas, and Tierra Kaliente, Pupy Pedroso, Habana de Primera, Rumbatá, El Niño, Timbalaye, Osain del Monte, and more!
- One special group meal with all the Cubans working in the program.
- English-speaking guide for programmed activities. Translator for all classes and group presentations.
- Expert staff of Cuban coordinators and PlazaCUBA representatives for on-site assistance.
Not Included: Airfare, Cuban entry visa, hotel to airport transfer after the program, meals not listed
See all of Our Cuba Tours