Our Havana Jazz Festival Tour is designed for jazz enthusiasts and lovers of all styles of Cuban music. With PlazaCUBA’s insider connections, we’ll take you deep into Havana’s independent music scene. In addition to nightly jazz festival concerts, you’ll experience Afro-Cuban music, salsa, comparsa and more! We plan a variety of curated cultural excursions and offer accommodations in gorgeous private houses and farm-to-table meals.
The Havana Jazz Festival is an international event that showcases the innovative sounds of jazz and features performances by Cuba’s newest rising stars, and musicians from around the globe. The event was founded in 1978 when Bobby Carcasses and other prominent Cuban musicians presented the first jazz concert at the Casa de la Cultura de Plaza. It now spans 5 nights with concerts at more than a dozen different venues around Havana.
We’ll take you on an in depth exploration of the arts and culture of Cuba. You’ll tour the Escuela Nacional de Arte (La ENA) and meet young musicians, visit famous artists in their studios, take in the Ballet, private galleries, and a rooftop urban garden that exemplifies Cuban’s growing and vibrant self-sufficiency.
Fulfill your dream of traveling to Havana, one of the most exciting destinations in the world, on this special tour that is designed to ensure maximum benefit to the Cuban people. We’ll focus on supporting independent Jazz musicians, artists and Cuban families. Here’s how:
1) The tour will focus on frequenting independent restaurants and businesses daily.
2) Part of your program payment will go directly to Cuban musicians, and artists and their families.
3) Accommodations will be offered at Air Bnb’s and privately owned apartments to help support individuals.
Our team of English-speaking Cuban hosts and PlazaCUBA representatives is made up of seasoned professionals who coordinate events and provide assistance during your stay in Cuba.
Price and Discounts
Registration deadline TBD.
$500 deposit is non-refundable but can be transferred to another Jazz tour
Havana Jazz Festival Tour
January 20 – 27, 2025
$3,695 – Double Room
Single Supplement $300
Early payment discount: $200 off if you register early
Past participant discount: $100 off
Check out a video from a past Havana Jazz Festival Tour
Havana Jazz Festival Tour Program includes
- Full time schedule of activities for legal travel to Cuba in the Support for the Cuban People category.
- Seven nights standard accommodations at a Casa Particular (gorgeous private home) with breakfast daily.
- Airport transfer to your independent housing in Havana (must arrive on the tour start date).
- All access pass for entry to all of the Havana Jazz Festival performances and special events.
- Exclusive performances and intimate private gatherings with musicians, dancers and artists.
- Guided excursions focused on Support for the Cuban People.
- All in-country ground transportation for group activities.
- English-speaking guide for programmed activities.
- Four additional farm-to-table meals at some of our favorite local paladars (in-home restaurants).
- Expert staff of Cuban coordinators and PlazaCUBA representatives for on-site assistance.
Not Included: Airfare, Cuban entry visa, airport transfer after the program, meals not listed on your itinerary
Learn about all of Our Cuba Tours
Beth Pride –
I’ve traveled the world and have never been on an organized tour before. Plaza Cuba made the trip work like clockwork and took care of everything and I know I wouldn’t have seen so much orhad such a delightful time without Plaza Cuba. We were introduced to premier musicians prior to the opening of the Havana Jazz Festival which made everything so much more intimate. Plaza Cuba was absolutely fabulous at getting us to our events on time. They were great at providing a flexible schedule so we were never wondering what to do and had plenty of time to wander around on our own to do our own thing. Plaza Cuba created a very diverse schedule for us – art, local crafts, food, education, music, dancing, hiking and sightseeing. But most of all, Plaza Cuba gave us an insider’s view into Cuba by sharing all their friends and family with us throughout the tour. The lead guide (Don) was terrific and his team in Cuba (Oshmel, Mardell, Gillian and Eric) was tremendously supportive. The staff in the U.S. was really great and provided us with loads of helpful information that we could use to prepare for the trip, coordinate flights/visas and be safe while we were in Cuba. I highly recommend Plaza Cuba.
David & Linda Kreps –
A great way to experience Cuba for the new or returning traveler. Well organized, safe, comfortable and access to special events. Well worth every penny and minute we spent.
Chaia May –
I cannot recommend this tour group highly enough. They have maintained long term relationships with individuals, schools, artists, and guides who add such richness so far beyond the typical guided group experience. The clientele that they attract, particularly through friends referring friends, are so warm, bright, and wonderfully curious. Thank you to them and thank you to you future clients, with whom I hope to travel with on my next tour.