Our Havana Jazz Festival Tour is designed for jazz enthusiasts and lovers of all styles of Cuban music. With PlazaCUBA’s insider connections, we’ll take you deep into Havana’s independent music scene. In addition to nightly jazz festival concerts, you’ll experience Afro-Cuban music, salsa, comparsa and more! We plan a variety of curated cultural excursions and offer accommodations in gorgeous private houses and farm-to-table meals.
The Havana Jazz Festival is an international event that showcases the innovative sounds of jazz and features performances by Cuba’s newest rising stars, and musicians from around the globe. The event was founded in 1978 when Bobby Carcasses and other prominent Cuban musicians presented the first jazz concert at the Casa de la Cultura de Plaza. It now spans 5 nights with concerts at more than a dozen different venues around Havana.
We’ll take you on an in depth exploration of the arts and culture of Cuba. You’ll tour the Escuela Nacional de Arte (La ENA) and meet young musicians, visit famous artists in their studios, take in the Ballet, private galleries, and a rooftop urban garden that exemplifies Cuban’s growing and vibrant self-sufficiency.
Fulfill your dream of traveling to Havana, one of the most exciting destinations in the world, on this special tour that is designed to ensure maximum benefit to the Cuban people. We’ll focus on supporting independent Jazz musicians, artists and Cuban families. Here’s how:
1) The tour will focus on frequenting independent restaurants and businesses daily.
2) Part of your program payment will go directly to Cuban musicians, and artists and their families.
3) Accommodations will be offered at Air Bnb’s and privately owned apartments to help support individuals.
Our team of English-speaking Cuban hosts and PlazaCUBA representatives is made up of seasoned professionals who coordinate events and provide assistance during your stay in Cuba.
Price and Discounts
Registration deadline is November 7, 2022.
$500 deposit is non-refundable but can be transferred to the 2024 Jazz tour if you cancel by November 7, 2022
Havana Jazz Festival Tour
January 24 – 31, 2023
$3,695 – Double Room
Single Supplement $300
Early payment discount: $200 off if you register by September 7, 2022
Past participant discount: $100 off
Havana Jazz Festival Tour Program includes
- Full time schedule of activities for legal travel to Cuba in the Support for the Cuban People category.
- Seven nights standard accommodations at a Casa Particular (gorgeous private home) with breakfast daily.
- Airport transfer to your independent housing in Havana (must arrive on the tour start date).
- All access pass for entry to all of the Havana Jazz Festival performances and special events.
- Exclusive performances and intimate private gatherings with musicians, dancers and artists.
- Guided excursions focused on Support for the Cuban People.
- All in-country ground transportation for group activities.
- English-speaking guide for programmed activities.
- Four additional farm-to-table meals at some of our favorite local paladars (in-home restaurants).
- Expert staff of Cuban coordinators and PlazaCUBA representatives for on-site assistance.
Not Included: Airfare, Cuban entry visa, airport transfer after the program, meals not listed on your itinerary
Learn about all of Our Cuba Tours